Friday, November 6, 2009

pasta my balls

Once when I lived in Paris, I came home intoxicated and decided to make myself some food. Pasta was the obvious choice, and I must say, I mastered the task beautifully. Until it was time to bring the pot over to the table. I tripped on, what I can only assume was nothing, and subsequently dropped all the pasta on the floor. Now, when faced with a conundrum like the one previously mentioned, there are two main options. The first option is to scoop everything off the floor, ignore the starving children, and throw the food away. I barely even hesitated, before going with option number two. I ate the pasta off the floor. With my hands. This got me thinking, why is it a common connotation that one should wash pasta with cold water after having boiled it with hot water? I've heard that makes the pasta more firm. Does that mean pasta works kind of like testicles, in the sense that it expands in a hot environment, and then shrinks in a cold one, thus making it more firm? Before delving further into this topic, I just want to acknowledge the fact that I just ruined pasta for all of you, by comparing it to a man's scrotum. Sorry, my inquisitive self just gets a bit carried away sometimes.

Actually, I don't think I'm going to investigate the matter further. I just felt like ruining pasta for everyone. Please keep spaghetti in mind while you're gobbling away on those spherical divinities. And vice versa, of course.


2 comments:

anton said...

jag har hört att det är för att stoppa kokningen. det vill säga, pastan blir inte mer fast, bara inte mer mjuk.

robmonZter said...

fett nu känner jag mig lugnare