Monday, November 2, 2009

My tips for christmas present of the year.

I don't know if you guys have ever encountered this, but in Sweden, we have something called "Christmas present of the year". I guess it pretty much is what it sounds like. It's a collective decision that a certain object will be the best thing to give people for Christmas. Such a concept makes total sense to me. I mean, it's not like everyone likes different things. It's not like people have different needs and interests. So, I found a list of what "Christmas present of the year" has been, ever since 1988. Here are a few that I think are...questionable.

1988 - A Bread Machine: I got you this product to emphasize the fact that you won't ever need this product. Merry Christmas.
1990 - A Wok: It's a frying pan with slightly more elevated sides. Neat.
1993 - Perfume: Christmas present of the year being a slight insult to someone.
1999- The Bible: Jesus Christ. Literally.
2003 - A Warm Hat: The climax of Sweden's most popular holiday should always be a piece of cloth that goes on someone's head. Always. It also has a wide variety of users, including...all people who have heads.
2005 - A set of poker cards and chips: To show you just how unique you are, and how much I appreciate your genuine self, I've decided to give you the lamest thing ever. Call me when you're in debt to someone.
2008 - An experience: This is the part where everyone started handing out oral sex. To their family members.

In the spirit of this great holiday, I've decided to make my own list of five things that I think should be considered for "Christmas present of the year 2009":

-An electronic appliance that turns itself on automatically when you push the ON-button.
-A Trinidad & Tobago flag.
-A T-shirt that says: "I went to Greece. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed it."
-A Warm hat. Or maybe an experience.
-Mustard.


No comments: