Sunday, November 29, 2009

how very very very disturbing.

Obviously, I'm all for such a thing as an "Entertainment industry", but sometimes it just gets to be too ridiculous. Now, most people know who Aaron Carter is. In 1997, Aaron Carter released his first album, simply entitled "Aaron Carter". Carter was 10 years old at the time. Since we're used to this kind of thing, that does not appear to be odd. But when you look at the song titles, and content of the songs, the whole thing becomes extremely dumb. Remember the hit single from the album, called "Crazy little party girl"? Crazy.little.party.girl. Really? It might just be me, but I'm very confused about what a 10-year old, crazy little party girl does. Does she flash her non-existent boobs? Does she drink herself stupid off alchohol that she can't get anywhere? Does she have promiscuous sex? All things that come to mind are very disturbing. I'm assuming "crazy" implies dancing vividly, giggling like a retard and running around a lot, but isn't that something all 10-year olds do? In any case, I'm not following.



Or what about this one? This is 12-year old child star, Amy Diamond's song "What's in it for me?". It's also pretty dumb. The sentence leading up to the chorus is "I'm not a perfect little girl, but I should get what I deserve, and I refuse to be your mother". This sentence could mean two things:

1. This 12-year old girl is dating someone who should be able to take care of himself, but isn't, thus forcing her to act like his mother and caretaker. For that to be valid, he'd at least have to be 18 years old, since nobody demands that you take care of yourself before that age. So, what we've got here is an 18 year old dating a 12 year old. How romantic.

2. She's dating a boy of similar age, who just can't get his shit together. He goes back and forth, he's unsure of what he wants, and he just keeps messing with her mind. I just became a lot uncooler, since I wasn't even remotely interested in romantic mindfucking at that age. Or any kind of fucking, for that matter. I just wanted to play soccer.

So, miss Amy Diamond, I guess your question still remains to be answered. What is in it for you? Well, if you're dating an 18 year old, teen pregnancy is invevitably in the cards for you. And if you're dating a 12-year old mindfucker, again, teen pregnancy is probably in it for you. Have fun with that. Hey, what if it's a song about abortions?



This whole thing has made me realize what my next project should be. I'm going to write a book of poetry, called "Is it legal?" The book is meant to put emphasis on all the forbidden love out there. Here's a sneak peak:

Looking at you standing over there
So firm and nice
Should I walk over?
Would you mind?
Red, Intense, Love, Hate, Doubt
Your friends are all so cool
My mind is racing
Would people understand our love?
Feelings might get hurt
But what do I know?
I just want to be with you
Forever
Or at least until you're 13 or so


I told you this shit is really disturbing.

2 comments:

emelie said...

haha jag älskar dig robbin!

robmonZter said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww