Friday, December 4, 2009

How the story of Charles began.

I started this blog little over 2 years ago in New York. Back then, the blog was called Chasin The Banana. One year after I started the blog, I changed the name, since Chasin The Banana sounds totally gay. I wouldn't mind being labeled as a gay person, it's just that I'm not gay. So, I decided to change the name. By that time, Charles had entered my group of friends, so Chasin The Banana(C.T.B) became Charles The Bear.

To be honest, I have no idea how many readers I actually have, since I've never checked. See, if the number turned out to be more than I expected, I'd probably feel pressure to write in a certain way, and if it turned out that nobody reads this crap, I'd probably just stop posting. That being said, today I realized that I never told you guys about how the character Charles the Bear came into being, and I feel like there are inquisitive minds out there that might be curious, so here it goes:

Charles the Bear: Genesis First Blood II


Once upon a time, one whole year ago in London, two Swedish boys were sharing, not only a room, but they also had to share a very small bed. That kind of intimacy between friends is not only questionable, it's also kind of scary.


London was a strange, yet not a very complex city. Days in London did not consist of day and night, like in other cities. Days in London consisted of two other important parts of human existence. "Work" and "Being shitfaced". No other activities were socially accepted.


Since the gang living in Flat 9 Dresden House were a bit lazy, they mostly stayed at home, indulging in many different kinds of adventurous, sophisticated activities.


Some more legit than others.


The gang was getting along very well, living in a dazed, yet fun state, constantly traveling between different parts of their own apartment. And even though London seemed to have the whole package; great weather, excellent food, and decent prices, something was still missing.


And so, the boys set out on a quest to find the missing link. Kind of like in that movie Highlander, they scoured the far corners of the Earth, yet nothing really cool was found. That is actually nothing like the movie Highlander. After careful consideration, the boys did the only rational thing. They went on Ebay.


They found a world full of horrific tales and atrocities. Did you know that in China, thousands of girl bears are brutally murdered, often times by drowning, simply because they were born female? The Swedish boys were shocked. Something had to be done. They had to stand up for all the mistreated young bears out there.


A month or so later, the boys were relaxing in their couch, indulging in a furious game of Mortal Combat. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door...



And the rest, my friends, is what we like to call history.

No comments: