Tuesday, September 8, 2009

People change. Thank god.

Have you guys ever heard the song "People Are Strange" by The Doors? What if they sang, "People Are Change" instead? Then the song would probably apply to more people, right? Hence, more people could relate to the song, because they "are change", and would therefore buy it. To me, that makes perfect sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is, people change. Thank God. See, this is what my friend Ghazal looks like now:



And this is what she used to look like when she was still a young Iranian boy. This boy had nothing but dreams, endless potential, and his unique resourcefulness. The village folk always said he'd amount to something big, and they were right. Like a delicate, yet magnificent swan, this little Iranian boy managed to go to Sweden and later transformed into a beautiful girl. Very few people know this, but Paulo Coelho's book "The Alchemist" is actually based on little Amin's coming into adulthood. Oh, what a glorious tale.



Here are some other people that decided to shape up, change out of their purple jumpsuits, and see what they were capable of:

Marilyn Manson:



Halle Berry:



Avril Lavigne:



And last but not least, Adolf Hitler:



I, on the other hand, have gone straight downhill from this state. I will never be as cool nor as attractive as I was when I was a kid. I'm telling you, being 22 and over the hill does not feel good. Not at all. Especially not when you've got Adolf Hitler just above you in a blog post, described as someone who managed to explore what he was capable of. Fail.



1 comment:

julle said...

ahahahahahaahhahaah dör. little iranian boy. dör