Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Old gems and you are uncool.

I have gone over my recent posts, and I'm very proud to say that I can't find a single exclamation mark in any of them. Exclamation marks are critically uncool in writing. One, they give the impression that one doesn't know what he's talking about, and therefore is trying to make up for that fact by being really intense, when he's actually just nervous. Example:

A: "Everyone knows Malcolm X was a racist!"
B: "Everyone knows Malcolm X was a racist."

Person A is being irrational, and is trying to convince himself, just as much as anyone else who is unlucky enough to be listening to his fail of an argument. Person B, however, is confident, slightly arrogant, and condescending, essentially everything that's important when trying to win an argument.

Another reason why exclamation marks are highly uncool, is the fact that cool-ness, and excitement do not go hand in hand. We all know the quintessential truth behind being cool, is constantly being bored. Cool people are bored by everything. And so, if being bored means being cool, then being excited must mean you're uncool. Exclamation marks tell people you're excited about something, thus you are uncool. Just thought I'd point that out.

That part wasn't why I wanted to write this post. I wanted to post a few old gems that I haven't seen in a long time:


Lotte during our shoot in March. People have had divided opinions regarding if she looks good or not. Obviously I like her look, since I chose her for the shoot. Any thoughts?


This was in New York last year. Yasmin and Marlowe have just been told by Rachel that unicorns aren't real. Marlowe is trying to keep her cool, but is failing miserably.


Fail.


Anna, Meredith, and Olivia on our way to Beatrice in the rain. I don't think I've ever posted this picture anywhere, actually. This is from the time when I was still using those shitty disposables. I'll never know why I insisted on doing that.


This was my first Nylon-shoot. I was pretty nervous before, and it didn't help when I arrived and noticed that everyone was 5-10 years older than me, and looked at me like I was a total punk. Luckily, I only had to produce 4 good shots in the end. I produced 2 semi-good ones. Once again, fail.

2 comments:

Jonna. said...

hon är snygg på bild i alla fall! eller förlåt jag menar; hon är snygg på bild i alla fall.

fast jag tycker utropstecken-analysen endast gäller för killar, du vet ju hur vi tjejer känner oss osäkra och blir ledsna om du inte slänger in åtminstone ett par stycken i mail etc.
puss!!

robmonZter said...

haha jonncp