Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is what you get when you mess with us.

There have always been two bands that I never thought I'd latch onto. One of them is The Velvet Underground, not so much because of the band itself, but because people who like them tend to be fucking annoying. Hence, I met their fan-base before I was even introduced to their music, which ended up tainting the music when I first heard it. I still don't like The Velvet Underground. Screw all the hippies that do. You ruined it for me.

The second band is Radiohead. Somewhere around September last year, my roommate Brendan, with whom I shared a lot of musical preferences, asked me if I liked Radiohead. I told him no, since people who listen to Radiohead often remind me of people who listen to The Velvet Underground, i.e dickwads. He then told me that he's a huge fan of Radiohead, and since I know he's not a dickwad, nor a hippie, I asked him to give me a few albums. I then realized that I already had "Amnesiac" on my ipod and therefore saw it fit to begin there. I didn't like it. I then told Brendan that me not liking Radiohead was probably pretty accurate after all, to which he responded:

"Which album did you start with?"
"Amnesiac."
"There's the problem. You have to start with OK Computer, then move up to Kid A, and then just work your way from there."

It all kind of seemed like too much of a hassle over ugly brits that sing with their eyes closed, but I obeyed and tuned into OK Computer. Not only do I like Radiohead now, I'd feel pretty confident in saying that Karma Police might grow to become one of my favorite songs ever:


Paranoid Android is not far behind:


ps When asked which album is the best to have sex to, three of my roommates said Kid A. On separate occasions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

men hallå exit music (for a film) får du inte glömma!!! den och paranoid android och 2+2=5 från hail to the thief äger ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!!!!

robmonZter said...

haha wörd