Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If only dreams came true

So, I've been in Hong Kong for a couple of days now and it's utterly amazing. To state the obvious, I have already spotted several ninjas. Most of them are disguised as ordinary civilians, but they can't fool a trained eye. Other than that, I haven't seen too much yet, all due to my jetlag, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of it by now. Tomorrow, I definitely plan on seeing some stuff. The batman-building being the obvious number one on my list, since it's named after me. Kind of. I also developed 6 rolls of film from February, for the timid price of 210 Hong kong dollars, which is about the same in Swedish kronor. If you're American, look it up. Hence, I'll try to post some February mayhem tomorrow. Stay tuned for that.

Speaking of absolutely nothing, I read some statement by Martin Luther King Jr today, saying that he had always wanted peace and a non-segregated society. It had always been his dream. I know we all have the opportunity to alter our history and previous goals when we give interviews, but somehow I believed him. The same probably goes for Gandhi. He probably always wanted for his people to be free. To me, those are some big ass goals. That got me thinking, what have been my life-goals so far? By that, I mean more than just things I'd like to achieve in life, I mean things I've always worked for. My general direction, if you will. I thought about it for a really long time, thus making me a bit depressed, since I couldn't figure out or remember anything of that sort. I kept thinking, I'm a really uninspired person for not having any grand motivation in life, for not wanting to achieve anything and generally not caring too much about things. Did this mean I was trivial? Was I just one of the masses? Then it hit me, and all my energy came oozing back. It was really sudden, but I clearly remember always wanting to have a TV in the bathroom. 

1 comment:

JAKOB said...

not having any ambitions is the healthy alternative to the hectic lifestyle of the modern world. please be idle, it's important.