Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pages in Amelia's Magazine

The summer after I had graduated from photo-school, was the first time I ventured to create some kind of fashion story. Looking back at it, I probably didn't know what I was doing. But at the time, I thought it looked awesome and sent it out to as many people as humanly possible. From those 400 000 sent emails, I remember getting one reply. It was from Amelia Gregory, the editor-in-chief, and creator of one of my favourite fashion/photography/music magazines of all time: Amelia's magazine (not to be confused with old lady-magazine "Amelia" in Sweden)

That first story never made it into any issues, but I've kept in touch with Amelia since then, updating her on my progress etc. Seriously, this magazine is fucking incredible. With every issue, you get a limited edition gadget, and for their first ever issue, they had Pete Doherty write a song, specifically for that issue. Take a magazine like Lodown, for instance. They've recommended this magazine in the past. When an awesome magazine recommends another magazine, you should probably buy it.

And so, for the 10th and final issue of Amelia's magazine, Amelia asked me to shoot some stuff. I didn't exactly hesitate. So anyways, I've got pages 89-90-91, and 101,102,103,104 and 105. I'm listing their website below, so you'll know where you can find it. Which I think you should.

Amelia's Magazine

2 comments:

joel said...

the light is to die for. man, I love sweden. stop buzzing around and we could live somewhere in a trailer and catch fish with our hands like anton and the white-haired dude in the pictures.

ghaz said...

HAHA ofta joel ofta. beskriv dig inte som nån brokeback mountain-snubbe, nigga plz.