Wednesday, November 26, 2008

K.I.D.S

Now, I know that this topic is completely outdated, but I can't help myself. Why do people bring their kids on airplanes? I honestly do not see the point. And don't say I can't understand kids, because I used to be one. I went to Mallorca with my mom when I was two years old, and I can pretty much say one thing about that place: That I don't know anything about it. I don't know what people on Mallorca look like, I don't know what they eat, I don't know what plants grow there, or if the cinema is open until midnight. Sure, I probably had a blast, eating good food, swimming in the ocean and generally enjoying the finer things in life, but let's face it, I would have had an equally awesome time sitting in my grandparents bathtub, eating Frosties out of the box, which is probably as far as my culinary preferences went back then. As long as it's unhealthy and I can eat it straight out of the box, hand it over.

Hence, everyone on that flight had to endure my screaming and bitching because my ears were hurting during takeoff and landing, and my mom couldn't fully relax during her vacation, just so that I could do all the same things...in a different country. To sum it all up:

Character A(everyone I don't know on Mallorca) most likely thought I was really annoying during my stay.

Character B(my mom) couldn't enjoy a vacation that she paid for and probably needed pretty badly.

Character C(me) probably spent 50 % of my time on Mallorca, crying over stuff that wasn't sad. The other 50 % of my time there was spent laughing at things that weren't even funny.

When you go on vacation, kindly leave the kids with their grandparents. As long as there is a nintendo or a football around, latitudes and longitudes really don't matter.

// R

ps. Is it just me, or should the item in this thought-bubble probably be replaced by a living being or something?

Great morning music: Buzzcocks - Ever fallen in love(Nouvelle Vague cover)

No comments: