Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ryanair is special.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of ryanair. And I know that it's really 20th century to make fun of airplanes/airports. But one thing does annoy me. The fact that you, nowadays, have to turn of your ipod on take-off and landing. That's a solid half an hour of listening to babies crying, people chatting about n'importe de quoi and the music from the guy next to me who has decided to ignore the non-ipod rule. Actually, I'm that guy. I really can't take the ipod-threat seriously and if that means that I'm putting your life at stake, I'm truly sorry. I feel that it's a bit ridiculous to claim that 200 lives, sitting inside of a machine that costs 10 million dollars, are in jeopardy because I'm listening to "I feel like a child" by Devendra Banhart. Pete Doherty would never shut his ipod off during his flight, neither shall I.

Also, I feel like sharing my favourite airplane-tunes with you. Keep in mind that this is not a "travel-playlist", simply because these songs are optimized for airplaines, nothing else. Hence, they're airplane tunes. Basically, songs that make me want to pop the emergency exit open, sinply because the fuzzy clouds would shield us all from harm. Or something like that.

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Love lost
Hot chip - The warning
Daft punk - Verdis quo
Ratatat - Wildcat
The knife - You make me like charity
Coldplay - The scientist
The postal service - Sleeping in
Norah Jones - Sunrise
The cure - Close to me
Led zeppelin - Stairway to heaven
Air - La femme d'argent
Why? - Sanddollars
Nouvelle vague - Love will tear us apart
Enya - Caribbean blue
Röyksopp - Why else is there?(Live)
Kings of convenience - Cayman islands

I know what you're thinking and no, I'm not gay.

p.s anything with The studio is also excellent flight-music.

No comments: