Monday, August 11, 2008

The olympic games

I'm not a huge fan of the olympic games. They're just not what they used to be. First of all, nobody's even naked anymore. Second, I can't help but feel that most people who compete in the olympics, are absolute fools. Not only are 50 % of them competing at shit that nobody cares about(yes, I like football), 98% of them also end up in a position that nobody cares about. Hence, if you mix the elements of "Skeet-shooting" with "47th place" and "practised for 17 years to get to this point", you know what you'd get? You get a very delicate recipe, called: "A waste of fucking time." Exhibit A being the fact that all of you are now looking up what the hell Skeet-shooting is.

One thing I do like about the Olympics(other than the fact that Lebron is there), is the fact that every country is secretly waging war against each other, with nobody being hurt. Except for that girl who upset Tonya Harding, bad call. Anyways, wouldn't it be great if wars were settled like this? If England and Argentina just sat down and said:

"Okay, we know you want the Falklands back. We want to keep them."
"Why would you want to keep them?"
"It's quite simple, because...uhm...You know what, we'll race you for them."
"We'll what?"
"The strongest runner from our country, probably someone from our overrated football-team, will race the strongest one from yours."
"Okay, and what does the winner get?"
"The Falklands, you idiot?"
"Right. And we want Heather Mills."
"It would be cheaper buying the Falklands back."

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I hate Heather Mills.

Anyways, back to the olympics. I'm not sure what I think about China hosting the games this year. On one hand, I feel that the games should be completely independent from all political stuff. The nazi-olympics of 1936 being the flagship of that argument(Granted, Jesse Owens did win 4 gold medals.) On the other hand, the games should be representative of goodwill and sportsmanship. Try telling team-monk up in the mountains that team-red on the other side of the border are brilliant examples of how one should behave towards other people.

Question: Why are javelins being thrown vast distances, in a stadium full of people? I mean, if one nano-second can change the outcome of the 100-meter dash, can't one little slip send a javelin hurling towards 8-year old Johnny? After all, he's only attending the games because his father owns the factory where the rest of the people who are at the stadium work. He doesn't deserve that. If anything, his dad is the one who should have to experience what it would feel like to get a kidney-piercing.

I can't say I care enough about the olympics to trash-talk it too passionately. I just know that the if they introduce cars in the olympics, I...probably won't be able to do anything. But that would suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FORZA HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!

g said...

thanks for this post and the others. those are chocolate for my cheesy soul.