Friday, June 13, 2008

The moon doesn't exist

I've been thinking about something all fucking day. It's one of those random things that I get in my head and then I just can't let it go. You know how the U.S supposedly landed on the moon and all that. Don't worry, it's not a post if whether or not they did it. I was just thinking, the flag that they put up there, does it stay erect or does it hang? I mean, there's no wind to keep it up, yet not enough gravity to pull it down. Since there is no force to impact it, does that mean that the initial positioning of it will be the permanent one? Meaning that if I held it halfway up/down and just let it go, without giving it any force, it would stay that way forever? If you provide force to something in space, I've gotten the impression that it will just keep on going and going forever, since there is no resistance. So, if I grabbed the flag and swung it around the pole, would it swing around it forever, or slow down because of the friction between the garment of the flag and the actual pole? Anyways, I don't know what I'm talking about, clearly.

Now to a more interesting point, I don't know if I should see the new Hulk-movie. Let's look at the pros and cons. Pros: Edward Norton is in it. That's the only pro. Cons: The Hulk, as a character, sucks. He's like the epitome of an only child, his motto being: "Do as I say, or else I'm going to throw a fucking fit. Right here in front of everyone." Along with Fantastic four and Captain America(who spawned that idea, seriously?), he's one of my least favorite superheroes. What's really the difference between The Hulk and his opponent, that happens to make him the good guy? They both bring destruction and mayhem wherever they go, don't they? It's not like the Hulk is conscious of his actions after he decides to throw a tantrum in the middle of New York City, just because there were no more tickets for "The wizard of Oz" on Broadway. Anyways, let's face it. I'm probably going to see it, Marvel has pretty much got people like me in the bag.

I just have to bring up Captain America. He has got to be the most stupid idea for a character, ever(Along with sponge bob). He's pretty much the personification of why the world hates the USA. And the funniest thing is that the USA invented him. The level of arrogance embedded in this concept is striking, and hilarious. It's like saying "We're going to create a ridiculously obnoxious character. What are you going to do about it? " There is only one country in the world that would invent a SUPER-hero and then name it after their own country. Forgive me if I have a hard time believing that the comic "Captain America saves the world" is going to be a blockbuster in Mogadishu. God bless that country. For comic relief, if nothing else.



I love that song, it's pretty much the epitome of nostalgia. I probably posted it already, but I don't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

För att besvara din fråga;
flaggan på månen har en slags "ram" som löper på ovansidan av flaggan vilket gör att den alltid ser "utspänd" ut.
Annars hade den med största sannolikhet hängt rätt ner eftersom månen har tillräckligt med dragningskraft för att hålla en människa kvar på marken.
Fråga mig inte hur jag vet allt detta / Jakob